Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Killer Angels

   All I can say is I don't know why it took me so long to read this book.   Shaara, in historical fiction form, tells the story of the battle of Gettysburg.   I love history, and this book brings to life one of the most important battles of the Civil War.  In the end, you are left feeling sad for the Confederate Troops and profoundly grateful to the Union Troops.   It reminds you of the love and respect that many of the officers and soldiers felt for those they were fighting.

I am so grateful to those who have sacrificed so much for our freedom and for the freedom of others.     

4 comments:

  1. Looks good-I will put it on my list. Teisha is making me read "Time Travellers Wife" before it comes out in the theater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks Good! I will put it on my list. Teisha is making me read Time Travelers Wife before it comes out in the theaters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book when I read it for a college course. I'll have to read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that you read and liked this book. This is one of my all time favorite books!

    ReplyDelete