Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Tooth Fairy Pillows

(I'd thought that I should share a few craft projects since
 I have gotten so many ideas from others' blogs. )  

        Princess' Kindergarten teacher asked me if I could sew some tooth fairy pillows for her.  I've done it a couple times since two of my older children had the same teacher in Kindergarten.  I'd forgotten that now there are 33 in the class instead of 2o.  I also didn't realize that another mother had changed the design since I'd last sewn them.  
Here is what they used to look like: 

Cute, but very easy.  My older kids still have theirs tucked away somewhere.  

Here is the new design:

O.K.  I agree - it is much cuter.  But there is a lot more cutting and sewing!  The teacher said I could pick which design to do.  Instead I let Princess pick.  And so, three months later (I know - very slow!), here is what 37 tooth fairy pillows look like. (I decided to make a few extra to make up for the fact that it took me so long).  


And just for fun, here is a simple tooth fairy pillow that I made for the girls years ago.  It makes me happy that they still use it (usually as a doll pillow).

2 comments:

  1. ADorable, Jake has just put his in a ziploc baggie under his pillow, boys sure do get gypped

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute pillows! 37 pillows!! That would take me a year. And that last little pillow is darling. I need to make one for Norah.

    ReplyDelete