Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Teacher Pencil Gift

One of my school jobs this year is Teacher Appreciation (at two different schools).  I love this job because no one complains and everyone is just happy with what we do.  So much better than fundraising ( I still have scars from that job).  

Anyway, I got an idea from this really cute shirt of French Fry's (from Delias.com):
For $70, we were able to make 60 teacher & staff gifts for French Fry's school.  I feel better about spending the money when it goes towards supplies that the school could really use.  Each teacher/staff member got a box of Ticonderoga #2 pencils with a card that said "Our pencils are #2, but our teachers & staff are #1."  It would have looked cuter tied up in a cello bag with a ribbon, but I was trying to save money (and also make one less trip to the store).  

Anyway, our teachers loved the gift.  I know many of you are also involved in PTA, so please feel free to use the idea!  I will post more ideas as we get closer to Teacher Appreciation Week. 

4 comments:

  1. you are so creative. What a cute little idea. I am so stealing it. My best friend is a teacher, so I might get her something like that. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably steal it too...I think I'm going to make ours decoupaged clipboards too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! (and will probably use it)

    ReplyDelete