Thursday, January 22, 2009

"THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE"

In an effort to make our small house seem bigger, we have decided to tear out the wall between our living room and dining room (we use it as a family room).   The night before our friend (thanks Jared!) tore out the wall, we let our kids have at it with permanent markers.  They had so much fun, it was difficult to stop.  Princess kept exclaiming over and over "this is the best day of my life!" 

Here is the end result:


The next morning before school, Big convinced me to let him"have at it" with a hammer.  He begged me to let him stay home from school to finish the job.  I didn't think "demolition" was a good school excuse, so off we went to school.  The whole way to school Big kept exclaiming, "You are destroying me!!!"
I think my kids are easily entertained (or way too sheltered)!

7 comments:

  1. That is great you guys are taking out that wall. I loved reading your other post about all your kids. I didn't know you guys had fun names for all of your kids. You will have to tell me where you got them all sometime. I'm glad you have a blog so I can keep up with what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great nicknames! That is so funny that we decided to start the blog at the same time. I am really looking forward to see how you rearranged your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the nicknames and I love that you turned tearing down a wall into a fun family activity! Can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! So glad you have a blog now. How fun that you are tearing out that wall. That front room will be huge! Your kids are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a great idea for your house layout. I'm sure you'll love the openess. Going out in style, it's great. Love seeing pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day! You're always really creative, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could have been there to draw, too, and I'm glad that Dad jumped in as well!

    ReplyDelete