Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh No!- Girl Scout Cookies

So - my effort to eat healthy in anticipation of the LA Marathon in May was going along great.  Until . . . . Yes - the dreaded Girl Scout Cookies.  Don't get me wrong.  I love Girl Scouts and their cookies.  Heaven knows my living room was filled with those dreaded boxes several years in a row while my girls peddled them to my friends and family.  But, they are so darn addictive. 

So, as our cute neighbor showed up with the four boxes we ordered (her sweet mother bought from us many years in a row, so I owed her), I started thinking, "How many of these boxes have I ordered?"  I know one daughter asked if she could order from a friend at school.  I think another neighbor came by.  I know a couple friends' daughters called on the phone.  I guess everyday will bring a "surprise! " 
What am I going to do with these things?  
Let everyone go at it for one afternoon, get sick and then be done with it?  
Freeze them so I am tempted every time I open the freezer? 
Just give the money to the girls and let them keep the cookies?  
Donate them to a food bank?  The last is probably the best option, but will I really get them there or will they tempt me in the car while I drive around town?   

Girl Scout cookies - love 'em, hate'em



7 comments:

  1. I 100% L.O.V.E. them! My favs are Samoas and Thin Mints. It's a good thing they only come around once a year or I'd have some serious issues. I say splurg one day, keep a box or 2 in the freezer and then donate the rest. Kind of a combo of all the options. I think you've got to keep at least a box because one day you'll be thinking about thoes wonderful cookies and you'll be glad you've got a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! You need to read Amie S. blog about "Death by Thin Mint" So Funny. If it makes you feel any better I just polished off a pan of peanut butter rice crispy treats:) At least we are running!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made those cupcakes again today and had one (and some batter, of course). We can run the marathon together. Or maybe we could just walk the whole way, and instead of sucking down gus, we could eat thin mints and tagalogs -- did you order any tagalogs -- is that even what they're called?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Send them on over to my place! Just kidding...I have enough stuff tempting me. I'm in favor of just eating all the boxes at once and getting it over with. I end up eating them anyways so I might as well get the haunting over with. It is funny to hear how you have so many of them. Every year we end up driving to different grocery stores trying to find them because we don't know anyone that ever sells them. BTW Princess is so adorable in her dance costume. You are such a good mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine just arrived and I definitely have a love hate relationship with the season of Girl Scout Cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this cookie talk is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We ordered 5 boxes from a neighbor, my mother in law sent some over and I think I ordered some from the Cannon's. We have polished off 8 boxes so far! My excuse is I am nursing and so I can eat the extra calories. :)

    ReplyDelete